Wednesday 13 January 2016

The 30-Day Minimalism Challenge


So I’ve finally decided to do the minimalist challenge. I’ve been interested in this for a while now, having seen how great its been for some of the people I follow. I feel like it's a good idea to do this now since I’m going back to school in a few months and am also moving into a bigger house with my family. I want to do the challenge to unclutter my life and my belongings so I only surround myself with what I need and what makes me feel happy.

Day 1
Stay offline for a whole day.

This is relatively easy for me at the moment as I feel like my social networks are filled with negative images or people who make me feel anxious about myself. I’m trying to surround myself with positive thoughts and feelings during the few months leading up to uni starting again this year, because obviously the year will be stressful enough with school work without my social anxiety getting in the way! Getting offline helps me disconnect from everything and I feel better when I’m not stressing about social networks.

Day 2
Meditate for 15 minutes

I decided to split up the meditation time between my morning and night. This morning after my shower I sat for 10 minutes and listened to an app recommended by a psychologist, Smiling Mind. This app lets you progress through different levels of meditation which focus on different things like breathing and sound. I found this really relaxing and made me ready for a busy day at work. Before I go to bed I’m planning on doing some more breathing mediation with the app to help me unwind and calm my mind so I can fall asleep easily since I have a busy day planned for tomorrow!

You can find the 30 day minimalism challenge here.
And the smiling mind app here.


No comments:

Post a Comment