Wednesday 1 March 2017

Waking Up On A Rainy Day

At the moment I'm on a break from working, as my place of employment has temporarily shut while we move to a new location. That means around 1 or 2 months of me picking up shifts at other locations and lots of sleep-ins in between.

Today was one of those magical days when you wake up to pouring rain and realise you have nothing to do. My plan was to have a nice sleep-in but for whatever reason I can never seem to sleep past 8AM.
So instead I made myself a really healthy breakfast; rye toast with unsalted butter and organic honey, topped with a banana and chia seeds.


Rye is really good for you, as keeps you feeling full for longer, which can aid with weight loss.
I always eat unsalted butter as it is not as bad for your cholesterol levels, and if I'm craving something salty, I'll have the unsalted butter and sprinkle over some Himalayan rock salt. 
Organic honey has many nutritional and and healing properties, as it contains lots of vitamins and minerals. 
Chia seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids and are loaded with fibre and protein - very good for me as a vegetarian as I don't have access to meat as a main source of protein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment